Sunday, August 19, 2012

Peanut Butter

  • 1 pound unsalted roasted peanuts, shelled and skinned
  • 2 T. oil, preferably peanut
Put the peanuts and oil in a food processor or blender and grind until you have a creamy paste.  Add more oil if necessary to thin.  Make this peanut butter a little thinner than you think it should be, as it will firm up a lot in the refrigerator.

Salt to taste.  Store in a jar in the refrigerator for several months.

Makes 2 c.

VERDICT:  I made a half-batch using some leftover lightly salted peanuts from a jar.  Maybe if I'd shelled and skinned my own, it would taste better, but nothing here convinced me I needed to be making my own peanut butter.  A little grainy, and a lot of scraping peanut butter out of the food processor.  Toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment