Sunday, June 23, 2013

Chia Seed Pudding

  • 2 1/2 cups almond milk
  • 3 tablespoons agave nectar
  • 1/2 cup chia seeds (3 ounces)
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest 
In a 1-quart jar, combine the almond milk with the agave nectar. Close the jar and shake to combine. Add the chia seeds and lemon zest to the jar, then close and shake well. Refrigerate until very thick and pudding-like, at least 4 hours or overnight, shaking or stirring occasionally. Serve the pudding in bowls. 

Serve with citrus sections, diced mango, almonds and extra agave nectar. 

Can be refrigerated up to 3 days. 

Serves 4.

VERDICT:  I used unsweetened almond milk and maple syrup instead of agave nectar.  I mixed it up the night before, and in the morning all of the seeds had congealed into a mass in the bottom of the bowl.   Once stirred up, it was not as solid as I would have expected from a "pudding," but still something I can see myself eating for breakfast on a semi-regular basis.  I put pineapple on top, which was good.   Keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment